So yesterday I went to Harajuku and Shibuya. It was definitely a good experience! I loved it!
We started off the day meeting up at fuchinobe station. I got there early somehow…it’s weird because when I left I had to wait forever to catch my train and I was rushing to catch my other train at Machida…and somehow I did without missing it like usual! Hahaha! Anyways, we all met up and left at about 11am. The train ride took about an hour…which isn’t too bad. Six of us went making it much nicer to see things because we didn't have a large group of people who wanted to do different things. So we arrived at Harajuku station eventually and walked towards the Meiji Temple.
It’s a pretty famous temple in Japan. It is so beautiful! I can’t even really describe it! Look at my pictures at the end…LOL! So we walked along a path towards the inner shrine and there were these huge scary spiders. I tried to take a picture and I’m not sure if you’ll be able to tell in the pictures, but good luck! Hopefully it will show up clearly for whoever sees it! Eventually we made it into the inner shrine and we bought some charms and looked around for a while. I bought a charm for protection against evil and another charm for victory! I don’t know why I bought them, but I thought they were cool! So we walked around for a bit and then decided it was time to eat!
I love eating here in Japan! All the food is usually good…with the exception of some of the things I’ve eaten…LOL! I love restaurants because the food always looks exactly like the picture! It’s nice to actually get what you order! Hahaha! We ate at a sushi/Japanese restaurant. It was delicious and of course I had to take obligatory food pictures! Check them out at the end! Once we finished lunch we went into a shop where I ended up buying a nice leather-ish jacket! Yes I know I’m totally not a person who likes those types of jackets, but this one is just HOT! LOL! Plus I got a good deal on it. About $79USD…I was going to buy something similar at Urban Outfitters in California for $300USD! I’m happy with that purchase!
Once we finished shopping there we walked to a famous spot in Harajuku. It’s known for its shopping and food. And I must admit it was a fun time! We spit up into small groups of three…guys and girls…we were going to meet up at 500pm. I only bought the jacket and a CD yesterday…although I could have bought more. I helped my friend Allen find a jacket he liked….I really liked it too! I wish I could have bought it too but I didn’t because I didn’t want to copy him! Hahahaha! It’s cool though, he asked me if I was going to buy it and I told him no! Haha! Afterwards we walked around Harajuku a little more and ate crepes…they were so good! I had a strawberry, cheesecake, whipped cream crepe! OMG DELICIOUS! LOL! After eating we met up with the girls and went to Shibuya.
Let me start off by saying that Shibuya is insane! I loved it there! There literally is no way to describe it. Shibuya’s intersection is very famous and known world wide for the most insane crosswalk. I took pictures and it’s very easy to see why it’s famous! We spit up again in Shibuya and walked around for a while. I was amazed by everything. Plus I liked shopping…well window-shopping! Hahaha! It was very fun and very amazing to me! I really have no words to describe it! I’m sitting here trying to think but nothing is coming to my mind other than the word “insanity!” That’s how I’d describe Shibuya.
We eventually left Shibuya and went back to Machida where we ate Korean food for dinner. I’ve never eaten Korean food before…and what I did eat last night was delicious! I really like food! Hahahah! I don’t know what I ate, but it was good, that’s all I can say! After we finished dinner at about 930pm I decided it was time to come back home since curfew is at 1030pm…yes that’s right, I have a curfew! I actually have to be back before 1020pm because that’s the latest I can shower! Anytime after that, I’m S.O.L.! Hahaha! So I waited at Machida station for about 10 minutes for a train to come and I was starting to freak out because I needed to take a shower after sweating and walking around all day!
I got off the train at my station at 950pm and it’s a good 15~20 minute walk to my house. I walked really fast and eventually when I got closer, I started running! Haha! I wanted my shower! I ran up the stairs of death too! LOL! I made it inside at 1005pm and took a shower right away. Afterwards, I went to sleep since I was tired and had to get up early in the morning to go to PE registration. I went to sleep and it was hot all night…well maybe not hot…but definitely humid. I wish my room had an air conditioner! Oh well! I woke up at 645am and heard the rain outside and was not looking forward to walking in it!
After breakfast I had to leave. I walked outside and it was humid and raining! I seriously hate the weather! LOL! Apparently there’s a typhoon here right now so it’s making the humid air come right into Tokyo. The rain wasn't even very heavy either. It was kind of light. I mean I could have not used an umbrella but I would have been soaked eventually. I don’t know! LOL! Well I made it to the station and I was sweating at 815am WTF? Stupid rain and humidity! I made it to school at 9AM and rushed into the meimeikan to go to the registration. I thought more PE classes would be offered but there was nothing that caught my attention or sparked my interest. I decided not to sign up for anything.
Eventually we left the school and went and got Michael Burbon to help us get cell phones! I’m so glad he helped us today because I would have never known what the heck I was doing! So I now have a cool phone! Yay! Click on the links to see my phone!
1 2 3
It’s really cool! It opens two ways. One is like a regular flip phone and the other is for watching tv! So cool! LOL!
Tonight we had curry rice for dinner. I was in heaven! I’ve been craving it for so long and to finally be able to eat it was a heaven sent! LOL! Anyways I’m hot and sticky from this humidity so it’s time to take a shower!
Here are Harajuku/Shibuya pictures!
Hope you like them!
This entry was posted
on Thursday, September 18, 2008
at Thursday, September 18, 2008
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.