I’ve been busy these past two days, so I want to apologize for not updating my blog!
Let me think. Okay, well on Friday we had a fire prevention orientation. I actually knew a lot about what we covered, which was earthquakes and fire. Obviously living in California where earthquakes are kind of normal, hearing things here was nothing new to me! Sounds bad doesn’t it? Anyways after we listened to that, we were getting a first aid lesson. I guess you’d call it first aid. We were taught the proper way bandage someone’s head and arm if bleeding. LOL! It was funny! We all took out our cameras once we had the bandages on! LOL! After we finished bandaging each other up we took a short break and went to the next portion of our orientation, the CPR lesson!
We all had to practice on a dummy…it was so funny to watch other people do it! I had to do it too and I’m sure I looked dumb too…but it was great! We were also shown how to use an AED, which is a defibrillator I think. I don't remember! Oh yeah, prior to the break, I slammed my knee into the bar on a table and it gave me the biggest bruise! I swear I’m accident-prone! Once we were done with the CPR lesson we were free until the welcoming party at 6pm at the Sakura Café at school. A group of us went to Machida to go to Yodobashi for some reason or another. I don't really know why! I ended up buying some earbud headphones because my over the ear kind are too big to carry around everywhere!
We all met up again at the kuru kuru, that piece of art, and went back to the school for our party. It was really crowded but fun. We all got in groups and introduced ourselves to everyone…it was kind of weird but oh well! We also got to eat free food, which is a plus with me! We all decided we wanted to go to Wara Wara after the party so a large group of us went. We walked outside and it was pouring rain. There were 3 people to each umbrella…it was pretty funny to watch us all try to walk and not get totally drenched! We waited at the bus stop for a while and a bus finally came and it was packed full of people. Luckily I got a seat but the rest of the bus was just as crowded as the trains usually are!
We got to Fuchinobe and split into groups. I went to Wara Wara and some people went to go eat ramen. When we got to the Wara Wara the drinking began! It was a fun night overall and we all drank a lot! I’ll put pictures up at the end! Once our 2 hours of all you can drink was up, we met up with the other people who came later and drank a little more with them! It was too late for me to come home so I went with my friend back to his apartment. There were 4 of us going to the same building and we all got drenched because of the rain. My shoes were soaked, my socks were soaked, my pants were soaked…I was just wet! LOL! Thankfully my friend had an extra set of clothes I was able to use! One of our friends brought over an extra futon for me to sleep on…it was nice. I really wouldn't have cared if I had to sleep on the floor LOL! I was tired and intoxicated!
We ended up going to sleep around 3am. I woke up at 10am because it was hot and stuffy. It was just as hot outside too. I really don’t get this weather but there’s no reason for me to try and understand LOL! When I woke up, I put my clothes that were still damp outside so they could dry. When 12pm rolled around I got my clothes and shoes and they were dry and I left to come back home. I made it back here by 130-ish pm. On the way I saw some huge fish in the river that I walk along. I also saw a turtle too! I came in, started laundry, and took a nap for about an hour. I woke up and ate some chestnuts with my host parents. After I was hoping my clothes would be dry, but they weren’t. I’m still not liking this whole air drying thing. My clothes just don't feel the same hahaha!
So dinner time came and we had these German sausage things that were pretty good, shredded carrot with mayonnaise and tuna, rice, vegetable omelets, and some seaweed salad. Dinner was delicious! I ate quickly and got dressed because we were going to go out to a club in Roppongi. By the way, each time I stay out, I ask my host parents if it’s ok. I don’t just go and not let them know. Plus I ask more than once. So I left and went to a friend’s apartment to drop off my bag with clothes. We drank a little before we left and other people showed up and started drinking more! We then left Machida for Roppongi. I love it in Roppongi! The buildings are so tall and it’s really cool at night. Although I could have lived without the extreme masses of foreigners!
We went to a club called muse. It wasn’t bad. I was glad they played hip-hop and r&b music because I can’t dance to house or techno! LOL! It was a fun night and we drank more again! LOL! I can’t remember everything that happened because we were up all night. I can briefly summarize the night though. Dancing, drinking, dancing, more drinking, walking around, talking to people, more dancing, and then we left! We didn’t leave till 5am because that's when the trains started running again! I was exhausted and my feet were hurting from my shoes! LOL! We made it back to my friend’s apartment by 730am. I was wide awake and ready to come home so I grabbed my stuff, showered really quick, talked for a little bit and then left for home. I made it home by 10am and on the way it started raining! LOL go figure!
I came in and talked to my host parents for a few minutes until they asked me if I had slept. I said no and they told me to go to sleep! LOL! I slept for about 4 hours and then I woke up. I’m glad because I want to be able to sleep tonight! LOL! Now, I’m just sitting up waiting to eat dinner because I’m starving! Hahaha! Classes begin tomorrow and I’m not too thrilled. At the same time I’m glad because it will give me something to do! Well I have to use the bathroom now, so if you’ll excuse me! ☺
Here’s the link to the first aid/party/warawara pictures!
This entry was posted
on Sunday, September 21, 2008
at Sunday, September 21, 2008
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.
3 comments
I AGREE WITH ANT DI, OH NO.... U JUST DIDN'T DO THE EYE ROLL!! ITS TIME TO GET DOWN WITH SOME SERIOUS SCHOOL WORK!!!!! AND IF U DON'T SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS, I'M NEVER SPEAKING TO U AGAIN!!!
September 21, 2008 at 8:48 AM
Sounds like you are having a lot of fun, that's great. Also, sounds like clothes dryers are at the top of the list of what you all miss about the US. Always enjoy reading your blog. Hope your first week of classes goes good!
September 21, 2008 at 9:41 AM