Always on the go here in Japan  

Posted by Josh

Sorry I haven’t done a daily update in a while!

Let me think of what has happened. LOL! Well, Yesterday we all met up at fuchinobe to go to Akihabara. If you’ve never heard of Akihabara, I’m shocked! Well slightly because I know many people don’t know much about Japan! ☺ Basically, Akihabara is known as electric city. You can get any electronics there for a cheap price. I’m not sure where these cheap electronics are in Akihabara, but they’re somewhere in there! LOL! I don't remember really what we did because by the time I got home I was exhausted! I took pictures and will put the link at the end of this post.

Last night a mosquito bit me again!!! WTF??? Does my blood taste good? LOL! Hahaha! I should have totally brought some anti-itch cream but I didn’t think about it, or that I’d even need it! Oh yeah, it rained the other night and apparently it was pretty loud, but I didn’t hear it! My host parents asked me if I heard it and I told them no, and that I didn’t even know it rained! Hahaha! I heard from someone else that it woke them up too because it sounded like someone was knocking on the door! I guess the reason I didn’t hear it was because of the sound of rain and thunder that I listen to when I go to sleep on my iPod! Anyways, it rained last night and it helped me fall asleep!

When I woke up this morning it was still raining! I was not looking forward to walking 20 minutes in the rain to the train station! After breakfast I had to hurry and leave since I had to be at the school by 830am because we had more placement testing today. It was definitely hard! We had an interview, in Japanese, and then a written exam. I feel so dumb…but I really should have studied or used Japanese over the summer. Oh well! After the interview we went to AMPM to get something to eat because we were all hungry. I had a chocolate chip melon bread…sounds strange but it was so good! It’s kind of like the round breads from the Mexican bakery.

After eating we had to go back for the written portion of the test. It was hard but not too bad. I forgot a vocabulary word and right as I stood up to turn in my test I remembered what it was and I didn't want to sit back down and write it because they would have thought I was cheating! LOL! Oh well! After that test we went to a computer lab to go play with the Internet! Hahaha! After messing around we went and got more food from AMPM! I had a chicken rice ball and some potato sticks! It was a small good lunch! Afterwards we thought we had to go back for another written exam but we didn’t have to. So we went to the international student office.

While sitting there we were all trying to figure out which classes to take. I’m taking Japanese culture, modern Japanese history, fieldwork, tutoring, and a regular Japanese class. OMG, that’s a lot. I might drop some classes depending on how I can handle it. When 200pm rolled around we went to the international student bazaar to see if we could buy any cheap stuff…by the time we got there, everything was sold out! What were the odds? LOL! We had to be at another orientation at 230pm so we headed over to that room. It was a boring orientation that I really didn’t pay much attention to…I was getting sleepy sitting there! LOL! After it was over several of us went to Machida to get some stuff. I went because I have to go there anyways to switch trains! So we got there and looked for a money exchange and found one. After we went to Yodabashi and everyone split up.

I looked at cell phones…I’m actually hoping to buy one on Thursday so I’ll keep you updated. Well I’m tired now…and I have to get some sleep for tomorrows trip to Shibuya, the shopping paradise of Japan! LOL! Oh yeah, check out my random Japan pictures again…I added some more.

Here are the Akihabara pictures

Enjoy!

This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at Tuesday, September 16, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Hi Josh....so it's shop/explore til you drop time! Pix look like that is a real busy place. Sounds like you are eating well at least. How was the walk to school in the rain? Just wait until it's snow! LOL Sounds like a lot of testing is needed to find out where you place. Are you finding any time yet to study??? or is it late at night? Hopefully you have sleep retention if so!! Love ya!

September 16, 2008 at 7:42 AM

p.s. Yes the mosquitos like your blood, your an import!!! Something they don't get often!! LOL Just make sure you get that itch cream!

September 16, 2008 at 7:44 AM

Post a Comment